- Set a date. Check your diary and make sure you give yourself plenty of time to organise everything.
- Set yourself a target of how much you’d like to raise – make it challenging but achievable – you can always raise it if you beat it!
- Get in touch with the fundraising team for your fundraising pack and other resources, including a free charity t shirt or running vest and sponsor form.
Set up an online fundraising page to make it really easy for your supporters to donate virtually. You can set up a page by visiting one of the following links:
Or contact the fundraising team for a sponsorship form.
Whether you’re fundraising online or offline, don’t forget to encourage friends and family to Gift Aid their donation if they are a UK taxpayer, it doesn’t cost them any extra. Find out more about Gift Aid here.
For further tips on fundraising online, visit our Online giving hints and tips page.
Spread the word about your fundraising as much as possible using:
- Social media – create an event on Facebook, tweet about your fundraising or post photos with a countdown on Instagram.
- Posters – download our poster to promote your event.
- Local press – we can send you a template press release for your local paper or radio station.
Please e-mail us to ask for help promoting your fundraising.