Work for Us
We are the largest UK liver charity for adults and we lead the fight against liver disease and liver cancer.
Liver Health Nurse Advisor
Salary £29,000 (FTE) Pro rata for part time
25-30 hours per week
Home based with regular meetings in our Bournemouth office or office based.
Job description (attachment)
With over 30 years’ experience, British Liver Trust is the leading liver charity for adults in the UK. The Trust works to transform liver health through increased awareness, prevention, improved care and support.
The Trust has an exciting opportunity (25 to 30 hours per week) to join our dynamic Nurse led support service team. We provide a range of information and support to anyone affected by liver disease. The successful candidate will have at least three years’ experience in hepatology, gastroenterology/liver related nursing, with a good knowledge of liver disease and its treatments, must be a registered Nurse with the NMC and have an up to date nursing PIN.
The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team to provide a service from 10.00am to 6.00pm on some weekdays (until 3.00pm on others) with occasional availability for an hour or two over weekends, on a rota basis, and will either be able to work from home (all equipment provided) or from our Bournemouth office.
Primarily the post holder will:
- Provide a range of information and support in a variety of formats to anyone affected by liver disease, including families and carers in a customised, sensitive and appropriate manner via the nurse - led helpline and email service.
- Moderate activity on the online liver health community and provide input when required.
In addition, the post holder will:
- Work with other team members to provide information on liver disease to the general public and health care professionals.
- Keep abreast of research and clinical developments, trends, current opinions, guidelines and other initiatives in the field of liver health and related conditions.
- Write content for the British Liver Trust newsletter, website and articles as required.
- Attend Support Groups, Information Days and support our ‘Love your Liver’ awareness events, including fibroscanning (training provided if required).
- Represent the British Liver Trust at sector events
Please apply by emailing the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- a covering letter addressed to Rebecca West, Liver Nurse Information Manager, explaining how your experience, skills and knowledge make you suitable for this role, with particular relevance to the Job description.
- An up to date CV.
If you would like a discussion about the role please email: Rebecca.email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 11th November 2020
Interviews via Zoom: Tuesday 24th November 2020
If you are interested in volunteering for us, please take a look at: https://britishlivertrust.org.uk/how-you-can-help/volunteering/
Thank you for your interest!