How we support research
Research into liver disease and liver cancer is poorly funded compared with other conditions. We partner with key organisations including funders and research bodies to influence how they and others invest in research.
Patients must be part of the decisions made on research. Bringing them into the conversation from the beginning helps make sure research answers the questions that matter most to patients.
Liver disease research needs to have the same standing and funding as for other major diseases. To work towards this goal we:
- Campaign to stimulate research investment
- Work with researchers and funders to ensure research meets patient needs
- Provide patient and public involvement in research projects from governance and design to communication of results
- Support researchers with grant applications and sharing results
- Build the evidence base and ensure research findings are considered in the provision of care and development of new policy
We also aim to commission occasional research.