Paracetamol overdose and liver failure

Acute liver failure is a very serious condition that happens suddenly. There are lots of causes. But in the UK the most common cause is an overdose of paracetamol.

With medical help most people will be able to recover.

Always go to hospital straight away if you think you might have taken too much paracetamol.

Other medicines can sometimes damage your liver. When this happens it is called drug induced liver injury or DILI. You can find out more about drug induced liver injury here. 

It's okay not to be okay. Samaritans have 24/7 support for whatever you are going through, big or small. Call 116 123 to talk to a Samaritan, or find out about other ways to get in contact.