Share your story
If you’ve been affected by liver disease, we’d love to hear from you.Right now, too many people are unaware of the causes of liver disease and what they can do to prevent it. Many people who have liver disease feel stigmatised, or feel as if they’re coping with their condition alone. By sharing your story, you could give hope to someone else and let them know they’re not alone. You could even help to prevent others from developing liver disease in the future. If you’d like to share your story, please answer the questions below and we’ll get in touch as soon as possible.
The British Liver Trust relies on stories to bring issues facing people with liver disease to life.
By sharing your story you will be helping to highlight the experiences of real people affected by liver disease. You’ll also raise awareness of the symptoms of liver disease and risk factors to make people think more about their health, and provide evidence for campaigns. Importantly, you’ll give inspiration and hope to other people affected by liver disease.
Every story is different and personal so there is no right way to write it. However, here are a few ideas of what you might like to include to get you started.
- Where, when and what was the diagnosis?
- The story leading up to diagnosis; the circumstances, symptoms, changes in health, mood, diet etc…
- What type of tests and treatment were provided?
- What the experience has been like for you? If you are writing about a loved one, please explain how this has affected you and your family.
- What support did you find especially helpful? For example, support groups or online forums.
- What advice would you have to anyone going through something similar?
Don’t worry about making your story perfect before sending it over. We can proof read it for you and nothing will go out without your approval.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- you have liver disease or liver cancer
- you have lost a loved one to liver disease or liver cancer
- you have received support from the British Liver Trust
We’ll work with you to find the best way for your story to be used. We’ll only ever do what you’re comfortable with.
This could include:
- social media
- blog posts
- media (including speaking to journalists, if that’s what you’d like to do)
- fundraising appeals
Yes. Our experienced Communications Team is here to help at every stage of the process.
Unfortunately, we can’t respond to everyone. But if your story fits with one of our current campaigns, our Communications team will get in touch to find out more about your story and how you want to be involved.
Yes. Please let us know if you’d prefer not to share your real name or a photo in public.
We keep all personal data securely and confidentially. If we do use your story, we will only share it with your consent, and we will always contact you first.
We will only ever share your story with your consent, but if at any time you change your mind at any time, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your story from the website.
We are very grateful for your support and look forward to hearing from you.