About the role
A world without liver disease – that’s our vision.
About us: With over 30 years’ experience, The British Liver Trust is the leading liver charity for adults in the UK working to improve liver health. Liver disease is the only one of the five big killer diseases that continues to increase, the Trust works to transform liver health through increased awareness, prevention, improved care and support.
About you: We are looking for an exceptional finance assistant to join the team. If you are passionate about providing the support and sustainability to ensure a charity can continue to achieve its goals, and have the skills we are looking for, please apply.
Primarily the post holder will be responsible for:
- Maintaining our accounting records, ensuring reconciliation of bank and control accounts, so that accurate accounts can be prepared by the Director of Finance and Operations
- Ensuring that all supporting documents are correct and readily available
- Preparing the charity’s monthly payroll
- Ensuring that all suppliers and staff are paid amounts due to them at the due time
- Raising invoices and maintaining debtor control
- Providing the finance support required by the Director of Finance and Operations and other team colleagues, to assist the charity in having the resources required to achieve our goals
You must be able to demonstrate success in a similar role. We seek to offer opportunities for development and learning for all our staff. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and committed team and to widen your experience. We also offer a great benefits package.
We are an equal opportunities employer and would be pleased to hear from candidates from all backgrounds. Please let us know if you require any adaptations to perform well at interview.
This role can either be office-based or allows for up to 3 days per week home working after the induction period.
Job description: Finance Assistant
To apply for this post, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a covering letter explaining how your experience, skills and knowledge make you suitable for the role, with particular relevance to the Job Description
- an up to date CV, including 2 referees
For more information or for help with applying please call 01425 481320.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 26th February
Interviews: Wednesday 6th March at our offices in Winchester
“I’ve never worked somewhere where everyone is so onboard and committed, it’s quite inspirational!” We are a well-motivated team, with good job satisfaction and working relationships. Some of our employee benefits include :
- Life assurance 4x salary from date of employment
- 5% employer pension contribution, rising to 7.5% at 15 months and 10% at 27 months service
- Gifted 3 days paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- 2 weeks full pay for both paternity and maternity leave
- Eye-care voucher scheme
- Toothfairy dental support app
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Potential for flexible working
- Extensive, unlimited high quality eLearning training